I just returned from the Wanderlust Festival in Whistler, BC. It was four days packed with yoga, meditation, lectures, music, and outdoor adventure.
I attended at least a dozen different sessions and the quality of the teachers and artists was world class.
I capped the whole experience with a hike around the summit of Whistler Mountain!
Here are some of the practical exercises and key insights I gleaned from the event:
What Are The 3 Lessons You Are Tired Of Learning Over And Over Again?
- What do you “gain” from continuing these negative patterns?
- These are scars from the past that need to be healed
Imagine You Are At Your 90th Birthday Party…
A close friend or relative is going to speak about who you are, your life’s accomplishments, your best character traits. What will he or she say? What would you want him/her to say? This is your life purpose.
You Wake Up In The Morning And There Are Four Pots With Which To Wash Your Mind…
- Black pot contains greed, arrogance, selfishness, anger and hate
- Red pot contains passion, desire, ambition, profit seeking
- White pot contains humility, generosity, kindness
- Gold pot contains transcendence, non-polar, non-judgment, oneness, unity with other, unity with source
- You don’t wash your body with mud, so why do you put toxins in your mind? Common source of mental toxins: daily news, TV, social media.
- Meditation is like pouring clear water on your mind.
The Three Great Illusions…
- We take that which is impermanent as permanent
- We think we are the body and not the soul
- We look for happiness where it is not
Better Choices Daily
Personal transformation doesn’t happen at a yoga festival, it happens when you commit to consistently making better choices on a daily basis, on a moment to moment basis.