Balance In Me is a community of people looking for balance and harmony in their lives. The topics that we are interested in range greatly from personal development to parenting and weight loss. We are always looking for new voices and inspiring talented writers who will share their knowledge, advice or personal experience and help us in the pursuit of life balance.
Why Write for Balance In Me?
- Your post will receive broad exposure. BalanceInMe has over 4000 loyal subscribers and the numbers are increasing daily. Since I only publish a new post every 2-3 days you will receive community’s full attention. Your post will also be shared on Twitter and Facebook bringing even more readers to your website.
- Promote your site or product. Every post includes a bio at the end of the post. You can include two links to your resources in the bio.
- Increase your Search Engine Rankings. If you know what SEO is then you will be interested in increasing your site’s rank on search engines. BalanceInMe currently has Google PageRank of 4 and Alexa rank of 62,000.
- Build your authority. If your post is published on BalanceInMe you can download a banner/button that can be displayed on your website. The banner can be customized to fit the design of you website. Here are just a few examples:
- All articles must be original, meaning that you haven’t published and won’t publish this post on your or any other website.
- Word count for the article should be between 800 and 1300 words.
- Please write an article that fits into one of the following categories:
- Balanced Body
- Balanced Lifestyle
- Balanced Mind and Soul
- Balanced Nutrition
- Balanced Parenting
- Balanced Relationships
- Work/Life Balance
- Financial Balance
- BalanceInMe is focused around PRACTICAL life balance ideas. Please make sure that your article answers a particular question, gives practical and original ideas or tips.
- You can either send me an idea for your post or a complete article. I usually respond to every email in 2-3 days. I DON’T check or answer email on weekends.
- In your email please mention who you are and what website you would like to promote (it’s surprising how many writers forget to mention those details.) I WILL NOT publish a post that links to a spammy or questionable website.
- Please note that it due to the posting schedule on BalanceInMe it can take several weeks before your post is published. If you need the post to be published on a particular date please let me know and I will see what I can do.
- Reserve self promotion to your bio. Please do not include links to your products or resources in the body of the article. You can link only to the resources that increase the value of the information in your article.
- It is preferable that you submit your article in a txt format with HTML formatting. In order to do that please create a draft of your post on your blog, copy the HTML version of an article in a txt file. Please make sure that you do not include any tags specifying the font or color.
- If you are not comfortable with HTML please send me your article in Microsoft Word.
- Please don’t forget to include the TITLE of your article in the file that you are sending me (every third submission that I get lacks the title :-))
- Keep the article clean and easy to read.
- Break the article into paragraphs 2-3 sentences long.
- Where possible use bullets or numbered lists.
- Use section titles to emphasize or break the content of the article (you can use < h2 >< /h2 > tag for it.)
- Each article on BalanceInMe comes with an image.
If you have an image in mind please send me a link to it. If you can’t find a good image I will track it down myself.
When looking for a suitable image: Most of the time I use Creative Commons images from flickr or Photo Pin (if you do not know how to search Creative Commons images – bookmark this search link and use it to search for images.) I prefer vertical images however I can violate this principle if the best photo is horizontal. Go for close-up images with a person in it, cropped fairly close (they shouldn’t be a small part of the photo, in the distance), preferably showing their face. High-quality images that look professional are a must.
- Send all submissions to anastasiya [at] balanceinme [dot] com or use a contact form
- Put “Submission for Blog” in the subject line.
Note: Your post (including the title) might be edited to make it better fit the voice of BalanceInMe. You will be able to approve the edits before I publish the post.
Thank you for your brilliance!
I look forward to reading your post and making you part of the BalanceInMe community.
You might find these articles helpful in crafting an irresistible guest post: