By Anastasiya Goers
What will you do differently in 2013?
Are you ready to start a new chapter in your life; a chapter full of balance, contentment and harmony?
You are probably sick of hearing about New Year resolutions. And who isn’t? And yet at the beginning of every year we think about all the things that we want to do differently. I am not an exception from this rule.
This year I am focusing on my family and my health. It was a natural decision for me considering that we are expecting our second set of twins and I need to be physically and mentally prepared for this blessing.
How about you? Do you feel that it’s time to focus on your health?
Health has always been the #1 challenge for the readers of BalanceInMe. It’s hard to find time to exercise, to cook healthy meals (on a budget!) and to overcome the daily stresses of life. I understand these struggles completely!
After many years of searching for life balance I discovered one ally that always helps me feel better mentally and physically – Pilates. Some of you might think of Pilates as just a fancy workout popularized by some Hollywood stars while others might not even know what it is (the second group is probably much larger.)
Let me tell you what Pilates is:
- Pilates IS a Smart Body Workout that teaches you to move efficiently and safely no matter whether you are playing sports or sitting behind a desk.
- Pilates IS focused on moving with ease no matter whether you are 5 or 85. Do you have those pesky tight spots, little aches and pains that bother you in the morning or after a long and stressful day? Pilates is a way to take control of your body and start feeling great again.
- Pilates IS a stress-relief workout. Two of the core principles of Pilates are Breathing and Concentration. These principles help you take your mind off whatever stresses you out and get in an almost meditative state that relaxes your mind and loosens your body. Many clients that I work with start taking Pilates because they have had certain stress-related pains in their bodies (tight lower back, tension headaches, neck and upper back pain. Sounds familiar?) But soon they realize that Pilates does more than just stretch them out, it helps them to rejuvenate mentally and emotionally.
- Pilates IS a posture-correcting workout. It has been shown to help significantly with functional scoliosis, kyphosis and lordosis (spinal curvatures) and reduce discomfort and pain associated with those conditions. By strengthening your core musculature and teaching proper movement techniques Pilates helps to correct your posture and muscular imbalances.
- Pilates promotes contentment with your body. Did you ever sustain an exercise injury because of overtraining? Or did you wish you could do something that simply doesn’t come naturally to your body (like running sprints or doing a split)? Pushing your body into unnatural ranges doesn’t only injure you physically but also emotionally causing inner imbalance and discontentment. Pilates teaches you to be comfortable with whatever range and strength level you have today and to focus on making gradual and safe progress that is beneficial to your body.
- Pilates is a “special population” workout. Many people turn to Pilates because they are in need of a special and personalized workout. Many of my clients have arthritis, have had knee and hip surgeries, suffer from back pain of any sorts or fibromyalgia (and are advised by their physicians to do Pilates) or are going through transitional stages like pregnancy and postpartum periods etc. Basically if you feel that a cookie-cutter gym workout is not beneficial to your body then Pilates might be just the right method for you.
Right now I am looking for 3 students who would like to do private virtual Pilates sessions with me. If you feel that it is something you are interested in, please get in touch with me as soon as possible.
What does a virtual private Pilates session look like?
- Virtual Pilates is a one-on-one session that focuses on your body. During the first session I will assess your current postural imbalances, talk to you about your discomforts and goals and create a program that will strengthen your body and teach you move with ease.
- A webcam is a must for our sessions since I will be watching you like a hawk to make sure that you are performing all moves with proper form. Injury or pain are not an option for us.
- Each of our sessions will be recorded so that you can work out on your own on the days when we don’t have a session scheduled. You will also have “homework” to make sure that you are getting the maximum benefit from the sessions.
- We can discuss your nutritional needs if it’s something you are interested in.
- If you’ve never done a private Pilates session before then you might be surprised that I will be mostly talking you through a workout. You won’t be following my moves like you would if you were doing a DVD workout or taking a Pilates class at a gym. This approach helps me focus on YOUR movements and correct you whenever you are going into the unsafe range or when you need to put a little extra effort and focus into the workout.
- You won’t need any special equipment for our sessions. A good Internet connection and a webcam are the only “musts” for our sessions.
Are you wondering what Pilates can do for you? Let my clients tell you about their experience:
What does it cost?
The packages are very flexible and we can make them suit your lifestyle and schedule.
1 private 55-min virtual Pilates session – $55.
Package of 10 sessions – $500.
1 private 30-min virtual Pilates session – $30.
You will see the biggest benefit of Pilates if you do it twice a week but even a weekly session (if you are diligent about the homework that I am going to give you) will be life-transforming for you.
Please note that at this time I can take only 3 students.
What if virtual Pilates doesn’t work for me?
I am positive that 5 sessions of Pilates are transformational for anyone. You just need to give it a try.
However, if our personalities just don’t click I will give you a full refund after our first session. No questions asked.
For right now enjoy a bonus Pilates workout (it was recorded last year for the Active Lifestyle Retreat.)
“In 10 sessions you’ll feel the difference, in 20 sessions you’ll see the difference, and in 30 sessions you’ll have a different body”.
Do you have questions? Ask them in the comments below or contact me personally.
Keep it balanced!Tweet
Get in the Balance Zone
|How about joining the exclusive circle of life balance seekers? Subscribe to my newsletter, get all the balanced goodness (and more) and don't forget to download your free Book of Wisdom: 50 Ideas for the all-around balanced life.|